Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Florence and the Peacock

I had made a few little special market sets to sell at my first market this Friday afternoon, but since I had such a positive response from the friends who saw them (and quickly bought them!) I thought I'd make a few pieces for my Etsy store from this gorgeous new fabric.


Quoting from the Liberty of London website,

Critically acclaimed singer Florence Welch of 'Florence and the Machine' visited the Liberty archives to select two of her favorite designs for this season's collection. Dancing Ladies Liberty Print was one such design,a wonderful traditional Liberty floral containing 'Dancing Ladies' reminiscent of Indian miniatures. It has been a very popular style withing the past Liberty collections, especially in the 1920s and 30s. 

Though to me and my horridly inaccurate historical knowledge, it reminds me of this beautiful painting by Botticelli:


Anyhoo! Here are the hair ties I've made thus far, unfortunately the ladies are too large to incorporate into a hair tie although I have a couple of new ideas which may take shape during the second half of the year so you may see them yet in the Dusty Plum store!


What a beautiful choice by Florence, and who doesn't love Florence? With her almighty voice, amazing stage presence and stunning milk-skinned 'Botticellian' beauty!


and last but not least a song. Because I always like you to have something to listen to while you read your blogs. XXX 

Florence and the Machine "DOG DAYS ARE OVER" Music Video from LEGS MEDIA on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jo..I cannot get enough of her lately...although does`nt she remind you of a certain Northcote red head in this clip? That frock is insane! Love that fabric and yes it reminds me of that painting too!That peacock fits your hair ties perfectly....beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fabric Jo. How cool that Liberty got Florence in to choose fabrics. That would DEFINITELY be a perk of being super fabulously famous. I adore her frocks. Love that you're using this fabric. Peacocks are a personal fave.... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't she wonderful? I've got some lovely peacock pieces for you Kath, I'll mail them off this week. XX

    ReplyDelete