Friday, July 8, 2011

Liberty Rocks!

The exciting new range from Liberty of London AW11 was released on July 1, and what an eclectic, bizarre, beautiful and .. weird range it is.


Unfortunately there are not a great deal of fabrics in the range which suit the small scale of my hair ties, but still fascinating to see the new designs and to read about the inspiration of their creation.


The digital range above is a first for Liberty, how INCREDIBLE is the one on the far right!
(click to see it larger)


The above were chosen or designed by musicians, from left the Renaissance style print was chosen by Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine, the far right which I ADORE was created by Swedish super pop star Emilia de Poret, inspired by microphones!


The image above features the two fabrics I have used so far for my hair ties, the magical starry Adelajda which represents the 1940's with it's dazzling 'All that Jazz' pattern ...


... and 'Mike' the Pop Art stripe which was inspired by Bridget Riley's paintings and the Op Art Movement. Vibrant in a geometric style, I love it!  


Available in my Etsy store.


2 comments:

  1. wow, some exciting fabrics here. I love the second row far left _ with woman. Gorgeous. A bit mystical. Interesting for Liberty. I remember sewing Liberty fabric over the collar of my denim shirt at college so it had a pretty floral element. Naff I know. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not naff. I'm going to have to go back and get some of that fabric .. I love it too but wasn't sure I could fit it on a button! Will have to get creative and think of a new way to work with it, I love it too!

    ReplyDelete