Monday, July 4, 2011

The First Half of 2011 - Highlights

Delicate Nobby
1 January 2011 we awoke in the beautiful campground at Delicate Nobby. This was a little piece of heaven on earth that we all needed after a stressful Christmas. Sun, sand, surf, peace and quiet, goannas, pythons in the toilet block, isolation, wine and books, surfing, swimming and rockpools. Heaven.


The Nobby!


Breaky on the 'van steps


Surfin' .. the girls were great, Lulu is a natural. 


Dusty Plum 
My first ever business venture launched in February. Can I tell you how much pleasure it has given me? To make things, to play with beautiful fabrics, to find that I have ideas of my own, to find that friends can offer so much support and positivity, it's been incredibly wonderful experience. Warms my heart I tell ya!

20th of March - My 40th EEK!
I was a nervous wreck leading up to it as is my style, but it was fun, the food and wine were great, beautiful friends travelled from far and wide and it was a huge success. That said it was a huge relief to make it past that 'Magic Number' so it was no longer looming in front of me.  It is a time of reflection as well and I realise that I have lived a full and happy life and I that I am absolutely fortunate and blessed.




Other Highlights
Easter camping at Wye River, a divine dinner with friends at Cutler and Co, Lulu started Martial Arts and is doing REALLY well, Gman turned three and had a lovely little family party, the girl's school reports were spectacular, Mish had her longed for baby Gus, and Beck is finally pregnant after a horror run. My 'girls trip' to Sydney and the ensuing traffic jam and Jodi's dodgy bladder, haven't laughed so much in years. Last but not least of course our whirlwind trip to Vietnam and seeing our home renovations starting to take shape.

I'm looking forward to seeing what takes shape in the next six months. XX

4 comments:

  1. How I love that Picture of you. Now I can finally look back and laugh about my um ..eh erm.. full bladder drama..it really was the hightlight of the trip! hahaa
    so much can happen in 6 months..is it really half way through the year?!
    How can you not laugh at the first title..no no no Nobby you are not small you are just well..ummm..delicate.
    Your kids are just the coolest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read, Jo love the pics, especially your childrens' shadows!
    Birthday cake: yummy and so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snuffy yes thank you! I love that photo, it's my favourite of the night (of me!). I love saying Delicate Nobby. Yes say it out loud. Funny AND beautiful!

    Maddy thanks! Yes the cake was AWESOME .. my clever friend Liss made it, so so thrilled when she waked in the door with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your blog.....turning 40 this year and launched first ever business in Feb is me too! as well as bought a farm and renovated! Eeeeekkkk the year is going way to quickly. Still working on the kids bit....tee hee!

    ReplyDelete