Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This little piggy ..

went to market.*

Yes I'm having my first stall at a handmade market at the end of this month. Let me be honest, I'm very nervous! It's easy to hide behind a computer screen and put my little handmade goodies up on a website but to stand behind a table while people walk past, pick up, then walk on by will be nerve wracking to say the least!  I have a few weeks now to think about ways to display my items, to decorate the table, to get together everything I need.

Here is the flyer for this market, please if you are local, lock it into your diaries and come on by, say hello, have a chat, offer me words of encouragement!


I love that this market is so local to me, it is at the end of our street (of the home we are renovating), it is run by the Thornbury Women's Neighbourhood House which as been a huge support to me over the years, the little kinder at the back has been wonderful for all three children over the years, I took classes, and made friends through the centre. 

I decided to make some special little sets for the market alongside the items which you can find in my Dusty Plum Etsy store. These sets will include a single large (29mm) hair tie and a medium pair (23mm each) in matching fabrics, for the special price of $10 per set. I would like to offer them first to my blog and facebook readers HERE. Postage for one set will be $1.60 and for two or more sets will be free. A great chance to nab a special deal, and to add to your gift drawer for the upcoming birthday party season! 

Fabrics include:


Just Dandy - in Chocolate and Turquoise - Dandelion Starburst!


Dotty Spots including Glistening Gold!


Alice in Wonderland Set in Lime and Chocolate, Keys and Pocket Watch. 


and the sweet Sherbet Pips, Hedgehogs, Toadstools and Cherry Trees. Too cute. 


* I refer to myself as a piggy only in the context that I was born in the Chinese Year of the Pig. 


3 comments:

  1. Hey, well done. I know this is a big step! But how bloody exciting! Enjoy the market vibe, it should be a lot of fun. Your new product combos look fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kath, I might need to find a friend to hold my hand :) I like the combo packs too, hopefully others will too.

    Dani it is, it is!

    ReplyDelete