Friday, July 1, 2011

Bicycles are Cool

Oh yes they are. They are one of the only forms of excercise I engage in with absolute pleasure,  l love to ride alone, but a family bike ride on a sunny afternoon is to me, the ultimate relaxation. We're lucky that where we live here in the Inner North of Melbourne there are plenty of great bike tracks and great destinations which are 'do-able' with our kids. Gman rides on the back of his Dad's bike, the girls ride like little maniacs and even I can ride at a decent pace for a decent distance!

We love to ride down to the Yarra which is nearby, search for River Rats, spy local celebrities riding by, and hang out in the grass.



Asha is our bike rider extraordinaire .. she can go for miles and miles.

In honour of our love of bike riding I'd like to give away two pairs of my lovely Japanese linen bicycle earrings, one in red and one in navy blue. I've really enjoyed using this gorgeous fabric and I have hair ties in my Etsy store which use the same fabric. They are for pierced ears and are on 19mm buttons. Simply be the first to comment on this post saying Red or Blue and I'll contact you for your mailing address.
**** EDITED TO ADD **** congrats to Kath and Nicole for winning the giveaway, I have one pair of the blue bicycle earrings left in my Etsy store here.




And last but not least a lovely creepy pretty song from a girl on a bike. Happy Friday everyone. XX



8 comments:

  1. hey Jo, yes bicycles are very cool indeed. RED. Love the pics of Asha. What effect have you used on these photos? It's great. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. and hey! I've remembered my google password so I can post as myself again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray Kath I'm so glad you claimed a pair!!

    It's the iPhone application 'Hipstamatic' using the John S lens ... absolutely brilliant! XX

    Blue is still left :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh fab! I didn't realise it was the FIRST to comment, I expected it to be random. Super pleased to get them though. I wear the black and white spotty ones a LOT. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the blue ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes have to keep it simple Kath!! Xx

    Nicole the blue pair is yours! Please message me your address and I will pop them in the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want all of them!
    so cute. You must have so much fun making them

    ReplyDelete