Friday, July 15, 2011

Sunny Day

Today is the last day of the school holidays. I survived. They survived. We all survived. I was saying to a friend the other day that it is like winter saved up all it's rain and grey for this two weeks, though my mother (who is an incredible font of knowledge) informed me that the week including July 11th is known by scientific fact as being the coldest of winter. So a positive is .. again .. that we survived it! And we passed it!

With the G-man in kinder today, the girls and I ventured out to Heide, the Modern Art Gallery we are lucky to live so close to. It's down by the Yarra River and has amazing rolling hills and a sculpture garden, a beautiful Kitchen Garden and a new(ish) purpose built educational 'pod' where the girls have been doing School Holiday Art Programmes for the last few years.

We had a little picnic on the lawn in the sun when I picked them up after their screen printing class, then I went for a little wander with Lulu while Asha relaxed in the sunshine.




Aeroplane Boy inspired Lulu





The Kitchen Garden inspired me!! I would love to plant some Forget-Me-Not's in our garden, so pretty, and just a perfect shade of blue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment