Wednesday, July 6, 2011

School Horrordays

I'm not one of those Perky Mama's who look forward with glee to the school holidays .. quite the opposite. Sure it would be different if we were going away as a family, somewhere sunny, with pools, and cocktails .. but in reality, it's 11 degrees and raining and windy, my husband is absent for 12 hours per day due to his work, and I find it all a bit .. umm .. challenging.

I had a message from the wonderful Hipstamatic on my iPhone this morning that I could download two new lenses for free so I thought I'd try them out as I tried to tire out the children. Firstly a train ride to Nanny's work (a local hospital six stops away which had a celebrity patient and press conference this morning so there was a buzz of excitement and controversy in the air), then back again via the City Loop .. even I hadn't been on the train through the city for years so was a bit goggle eyed at all the new buildings, 'Southern Cross Station' (which will always be Spencer Street to me) then home via a stop at Flagstaff Station to buy some chocolate from the vending machine!




Home and the 'I'm Bored's' started within oh, one episode of Charlie and Lola. Off to the local shopping plaza we go for cupcake ingredients, and we stop off on the way for hair cuts. Whoa, and did the girls lose some length! Oh well, it'll grow back. I hope. Looks SUPER cute and I think Asha in particular really suits her new hair style. I have been wanting her to get a bob for a while so we're pretty much half way there now!


I love his little Connies in this pic :)



I'm calling Gman's bowl cut 'The Theo' 

I've almost survived another day, nothing a glass of wine won't help me forget about as I head into tomorrow with renewed determination and and a steely grip on my sanity. Wish me Luck. XX



11 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I do know how you feel. We don't have too many of the "I'm bored's", but an awful LOT of the "Can I have's?". Argh!
    "Can I have this?" "Can I have that?" "I want this" "I want that".
    *sigh*...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! We need a renovations update please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So little to say Georgia .. mainly demolition so far .. v e r y s l o w .. hopefully will crank up again soon. I'm loving living in our rental opposite the school for now so I'm not bugging Matt to hurry it up!

    Hey yes I get the 'I wants' all day long too .. grrr. And don't you think A looks like Miss I in that second to last photo? I thought of her straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the I wants to...omg! I'm thankful for the holidays because I get to sleep in but after breakfast I'd like to send them away with a magic nanny or aunty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Lil' Dani .. between 8am and 9am is my favourite time because I'm not doing the 'Morning Hell' but problem is after 9am they all get feral and bored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes she does! It's the hair, but also the expression on her face...and the 'sprinkles' on her nose too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree completely! The big beautiful eyes :) also. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive been trying desperately to post on here for so long , i have been reading your blog darling !

    i think i have got it to work this time !

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh , thats me btw .... you know ...' I'll just go in the back way ' *L*

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute, cute hair cuts! I love the girls' hair a bit shorter. Beautiful girls. We're heading to the hairdressers on Saturday for the big chop here. Ruby has her ballet exam on Wednesday, so after that all bets are off.

    School holidays have been a bit mad here. Although school days aren't usually much better......*sigh*

    Hope you get some quiet time when school goes back x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Blossom you hot hunk chick ;) love you!
    Kath I agree, though at least there is that moment of relief for me at 8.55 when I shove them out the door! They even walked home on their own today for the first time, how will I ever move out of this house?

    ReplyDelete