Sunday, May 1, 2011

Take Five

Does anyone else remember Take Five? It was a sometimes musical video interlude before the 7pm ABC television news. There was a time when they used to play this song. I would literally hang out by the TV each night in my jarmies in the hope that they would play a good song. I wasn't so much allowed to watch television as a child but my father always watched the ABC news so it was my big opportunity .. and I was obsessed with music, head over heels by the age of ten. Difficult.
They didn't always play 'Take Five' and when they did, it wasn't always a good song, but sometimes, just sometimes, they would play this. And this was my favourite by far.
I went crazy for U2 and bought Boy and October and Under a Blood Red Sky and as soon as they headed to the USA they became something else. I saw an ad in a magazine last week and it was 'Paul and Ali Hewson' doing an advertisement for Louis Vuitton luggage. It knocked my sox off. Blech.

1 comment:

  1. OOh, I don't remember take 5 but I was allowed to watch Countdown with my siblings when I was really young and it was the most exciting show in the world. I really wanted to marry Boy George. In my teens I bought Smash Hits mag with my babysitting money and cut out the lyrics to all the U2 songs they published. x

    ReplyDelete