Friday, April 29, 2011

Lady Di

Thinking about the Royal Wedding tonight is making me a bit misty eyed about my childhood, I was ten years old when Lady Di married Charles. We didn't care about Charles, we all just loved Di. I clearly remember going to the hairdresser and asking for a 'Lady Di' and the stylist did their best.
The wedding was truly fairy tale, I adored her dress, was upset for her when the commentators said she looked like an 'Unmade Bed' and just thought that she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.  I remember the magazines with countless pages dedicated to the wedding, staring in awe at the photographs. It's terribly sad to think that she can't be there with her son today.

I am really looking forward to watching it with my family tonight, it will be interested to see what my non-girly daughters think of it all, they are probably a little too young to really care too much.

Also wondering of course about 'The Frock' .. any predictions about style?

For the Gen X-ers amongst us here are some images from 30 years ago .. 30, can you believe it?







3 comments:

  1. oh - the kiss!
    I'm going to try to catch a glimpse tonight, but it's just not the same this time around, is it?
    I had a giggle when I saw layers and layers of union jacks outside a house on our street today. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress was pretty, it was interesting to watch, can't say the kids were too interested!! Still, it was a spectacle indeed! Just for Beatrice and Eugenie alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was streaming the wedding with my kids & was sitting there telling them all about the real wedding. I loved what Di wore and do think 30 years down the track she still looked better than Kate.....in saying that I did like what Kate had on but it could have been a bit flashier!! You know I was saying the same thing to my kids that Di should have been there too for her sons. I still think that whole thing when she died was sad sad sad.

    ReplyDelete