Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blythe in my Life

Tommy (Tommy Feb6)

Priscilla (TinyHaus custom Lounging Lovely)

Cleo (original 1972 Kenner redhead sidepart)

I first discovered Blythe over five years ago when I stumbled across this blog post - what an introduction - no wonder I fell head over heels. Within weeks I ordered my first doll, Priscilla and on it went. Christina/JamFancy whose livejournal began it all for me is highly respected in the Blythe community, in Australia and overseas, lovely, creative, talented and generous we are all in awe of her work, her tiny perfect stitches and her amazing taste. Her outfits and toys are highly coveted, her art, originals and prints, and her new venture into pottery are amazing, they are quirky and pretty, often with a great sense of humour. You can see her new blog here. Check out this incredible outfit she made and donated as a fundraiser for the 2011 National Blythe meet held recently. 

The Blythe world is such a creative one, around the world people connect online and at group meets, incredible photographers, seamstresses and tailors who work in miniature. People like Leo and our very own Chu do incredibly precise, beautiful work.  You can also get sucked into the magical world of Flickr and incredible photographs and creations by people such as relle* and dollhouses like Georgia's here and here.

I take no responsibility for the addictions created through following the links in this post. :)

1 comment: