Sunday, April 3, 2011

Introduce Yourself

Hello!!
Welcome to the start of something new! I've been wanting a place to put down my thoughts, share good stuff and chat to people for a while, and finally I've made that happen. I'd love to hear your thoughts comments and opinions but I'll most likely just keep talking regardless even if there is noone here to respond!
Well you know ME .. I'm in that little digitally altered photo to the right .. oh how I love the pencil effect in PhotoBooth .. takes ten years off me! And so pretty!!! It highlights the eyelashes and plumps the cheeks!!
Now there are five other members of my family, so I thought I'd start my blog with an introduction to them.
First, there is my husband, my Bevo. Works long hours, come weekends he is SuperDad and all round great bloke.
@ The Napier, Fitzroy, the site of our first conversation no less!

And then the three little humans we have created since that meeting on the 29th of September, 1996 .. 
@ Delicate Nobby NYE 2010/11 

And last but not least, our little pal Smokey. She's just turned one, and loved to pieces by everyone .. perhaps a little too much by Lulu .. but I digress ..


So here we are. 
Bevo works long hours in Construction Management whilst Project Managing a major renovation on our home while we live in a rental, so so conveniently located opposite the girl's school. I am known (to myself) as the Manager of Domesticity - payer of bills, stomach filler, wiper of noses, taxi driver and form filler outerer. Big Girl, Asha (8) is busy being lovely, swimming and drawing, Middle Child, Lulu Plum (6) is a fan of martial arts, ninjas and surfing, and our Wee Geordie Boy (3) is also a creative genius who is our Audio Tester - checking to see which decibel level our eardrums can withstand whilst being adorable and precocious. 
I'm kept busy at home, but enjoy photography, music and art, and have a newfound love of making button hair ties, earrings, bookmarks and sometime soon, necklaces. 
This is us. 


5 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you and your family. Thanks for the link to Amanda Seyfried singing. I had not seen it before, it is lovely.
    Look forward to hearing your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwee!!! What a pretty blog you have....didn't even know you had one. I will put you in my google reader so I can catch-up on your daily entries-good luck with that I tried it at the very beginning and I think it lasted 3 days. I will also add you to my blog roll like you have done for me. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! You have a blog.
    Ripper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, not sure how I found your blog, Jo, but have had a great read (at 4 am in my caravan....)

    ReplyDelete