Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Favourite Lunch

A new habit I got into last year, when possible, is to head out each week to  lunch on my own. If I get the chance, I head to Mixed Business and in winter I always order the special soup, in summer it's inevitably the lentil salad - I can't not have it. I'm addicted.
The food here is gorgeous and so fresh, the service polite and calm. It's a big bright spacious room and I can find myself a non-squishy corner or pull up a stool in the window and watch the world go by. Fowlers Flowers is next door and has quirky interesting displays and again lovely staff - and they provide sweet rustic little posies for the cafe tables. Add to that the plentiful supply of good new magazines, Green, Country Style, Yen, Frankie etc. and I'm in my happy place.



Do you have a place you like to escape to on your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment