Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lovely Little Ladies

After an agonising two month wait (damn you Canada Post!) my stunningly beautiful new Parisian rag doll, Grace arrived this past week, unwearied by her travels, beautiful and stylish as can be.

Grace was made by Jen Dawson of Little Ladies.  She held an online auction to raise money in honour of a mutual friend of ours' daughter who was undergoing treatment for leukemia, to raise money for cancer research.  I was the lucky highest bidder and am also extremely pleased to say that the 'real' Grace for whom the doll has been named, has come through her treatment strongly and is doing really really well!

Geordie was as excited as I was and helped me to (carefully) rip into the package when it finally arrived this week .. he announced that she was 'beautiful' and I happily agreed, and even allowed him to plant a welcoming kiss on her.  Jen also has an Etsy store and for Melbourne Peeps she has four dolls for sale in an upcoming 'Pop Up Shop' in June, you can read all about it here and see some absolutely brilliant photos of more of her dolls. So so wonderful, I cannot recommend them highly enough!



Kissy Face


Kiss for Grace


How was that Mum? 

So she's here and she is currently having a sleepover in Asha's room .. I am a kind mum and happy to share the Grace love with her, though it is clear that she is MINE MINE MINE and only on loan!!! 

One last pic to show off her cuteness again. I hope that everyone had a relaxing and fun weekend, I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment