Sunday, August 28, 2011

These things, I love.

You know, it's tough times. People are not spending a lot of money. I've noticed in my Etsy, things have slowed down, and that's okay.  I'm not spending a lot of money lately either, I haven't really analysed why - is it the season, my mood, our financial commitments, other priorities?  I guess it's a number of things. I don't feel pressured by the banks, or the government to buy! spend! shop! 'for the good of the economy' but I do feel the need to support my friends, those who are doing small home based business like I am, who make pretty things, on a small scale, where you can add some beauty and creativity to your life and spread some happiness in the world for a few dollars. I like that.

I'd like to share with you some loveliness that some clever people I know are making. These are things you can buy for a few bucks, which you can display in your home or pass on as a gift, to add some beauty. You may not be saving the world economy, but you will be supporting a home business and treating yourself (or a friend or loved one) to something special. I'd also love to see your ideas on low cost ways to give you and your friends a boost.

Visit Kinderland, Sophia's lovely new Etsy store selling gorgeously printed photographs of her beautiful Blythe collection. She sure knows how to dress, style, photograph and collect the most gorgeous Blythe dolls. And her prices are amazing. This is my favourite, I bought a large print of this which I'm going to frame for Asha for her 9th birthday (shhhhhhh!).




And then there is Fourteen Times. Catherine is a friend from my daughter's school. She makes amazing origami stars from the most beautiful papers. I have bought one as a special gift for a friend but I'm not saying which one until after I've given it to her. Until then I will share this photo of another which I love (and may purchase in the future!) made from quality paper featuring New York, somewhere I am dying to visit.




Lastly but not leastly is PaperSky Photography. Jo (great name!) has honed her photography skills over the years and is now challenging herself in new and fabulous ways. Her Blythe photographs are something to behold, and I love how she views the small things in life through her lens and makes them interesting and quirky. I'm yet to decide which photograph will be my first purchase, most likely this one but I don't want to inundate you with Blythe photographs, so in this instance I'll share another favourite.




Thanks if you made it this far through this post and please share your low cost gorgeous finds (under $20?). I'm not one for reckless spending, but I am one for finding the pretty things in life, and passing on ideas to others, and I hope that you are too! XX




2 comments:

  1. Fabo links girlie!!! You should of put mine in there as you won the Blythe fan giveaway pack today. I know it isn't much but I am sure your girls will use the bits even if you don't. Can you reply to this and send me your address and I will pop it in the mail toute suite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely links.. talented women are`nt they. I love that milk bottle one to and of course Miss Blythe..what a dolly! Love Sophia`s shots too..especially the one peeking out from the tree..I`ll have to order one.
    I think it is just the winter shocker bills and then they post out the lovely rates at the same time just to kick you in the gut hahaaa
    Don`t worry Christmas is around the corner and everything will pick up again and your store will be the first to be hit with orders!
    That paper star is so beautiful...look at the perfection in every point..what a grand idea.
    Congrat`s on the blythe fan give-away! woo hoo! xo

    ReplyDelete