Friday, June 3, 2011

Hipstamatic makes everything Cool.

I'm addicted to style magazines like Inside Out. And to style blogs like The Design Files. But oh how they mess with  my self confidence. I will never live in a house full of designer furniture with walls of cool art, nothing out of place, and not a daggy item in sight.

I have always threatened to do an 'Inside Out' type shoot on my own house. Find tiny corners, clean off the texta from the walls, hide all my actual belongings and take arty abstract photos and see if I can get away with making people believe that I really live like someone inside one of those magazines.

And then they invented Hipstamatic. We can all look like we live in stylish cool homes as long as we have an iPhone and the $2.49 app. Phew.

Well I've kidded myself that I can. How do you feel, do you feel intimidated by the stylised homes of others online and in magazines? I just can't imagine owning that much STUFF. I'm the one always throwing STUFF away .. but if all I owned was uber stylish artistic and expensive STUFF then I probably wouldn't!

I'd love to see your Hipstamatic cool pics too, I've rarely seen a bad one. Here's a peek into my 'Hip' house.

Did it work? What do you think? Hmm. Maybe not as successful as I'd hoped. But I did do it without a cleaner, stylist and in about four minutes. 

Happy Friday everyone. 

It may not be uber cool, but it's my home. XX


3 comments:

  1. Nice work Jo. It looks lovely.

    I love that song. Is was a fave at the end of last year but I didn't realise who sang it then. They played at the BDO but I didn't think I knew any of their songs then. It was the week after that I realised it was actually them who does that song. I would have been right up there if I'd known!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it the best song Jacq? Apologies in advance for not being able to get it out of your head for three days though! He's pretty cute in an eyeball candy kind of way even with that beard .. so I think I would have been down the front with you if we could have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all very hip - I love the small detail to things!

    ReplyDelete