Thursday, June 16, 2011

Saigon Surprise!


I have the most amazing news, my husband and I are leaving on Sunday for Saigon .. yes indeedy a whirlwind (business trip for him) visit to Ho Chi Minh City!

Four days in Vietnam .. then back to reality .. but nonetheless, four days, CHILD FREE (thank you Grandparents!). We have not travelled nor been alone like this for at least nine years, so you can imagine we are well excited (and a little nervous!).
Last minute visas obtained - we've even written wills (bit of a Debbie Downer really, but a necessity!), and now we just need to pack and go.

To celebrate and because I'll be closing my Etsy store for a few days from Sunday I wanted to offer everyone 20% off all items in my online shop until Saturday night, please use the code SAIGON at checkout if you'd like to take advantage.


Wish us well, and I'd love to hear any travellers tales or advice about travel in Vietnam and of course Ho Chi Minh City in particular!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jo,
    Loved it! I hope you have a fabulous time. Make sure you do lots of walking around at night. You see the most amazing things like temples with the doors open and hundreds of the big swirling incense burners hanging from the roof. At the smaller neighbourhood markets people sleep there...and early in the morning they are emptying out buckets with eels and frogs and all kinds of crazy things. I didnt buy much in Ho Chi Minh. The most amazing thing is the War Memorial Museum but it is pretty overwhelming. I didnt anticipate seeing the effects of Agent Orange still on people ie really tragic deformities. Particularly around the Bin tranh market. Hmmmmm other thing just go exploring for dinner the fancy vietnamese restaurants are pretty OTT and you can get the most amazing food in little dodgy restaurants or even on the street. (I dont have a sensitive stomach!) But I am a vegetarian. Seafood was fabulous! the lonely planet guide downloaded off their webpage for just the city was invaluable! Have a great time.
    We have to catch up soon to talk about our next pop up and if you are interested.
    Kindest regards
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete