Sunday, June 26, 2011

For the Love of Pho

We are back from a head spinning trip to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.  What an amazing week it has been. While I float gently back to earth I thought I'd share one of the most important parts of our journey with you, the FOOD! The Beef Pho in particular.


The Five Star Hotel version, bean sprouts neatly trimmed, served in Thai celadon pottery, tasty and fresh. 


The 'Real Thing' we went across town to eat the Traditional version, Chinese Bread, lots of chilli and lots of greens, SO yummy. Two huge serves with two huge beers = $6. 


Back in Melbourne and keen to show the kids, Pho Hung in High Street Preston, Matt and I had the Beef Pho .. AGAIN .. mmmm .. delish! 


Lulu chose the Pork and Prawn Version .. and loved it. 


The Saigon Market Find which makes me smile. 

4 comments:

  1. I love Pho but I wish that local places would make it without MSG. Theo can't have it - it makes him vomit. Gorgeous pics Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so trying Pho when I'm down in Melbourne in a few weeks. Your making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani I can't wait to see you! It's been a long long time. X

    Suzi yes they love the MSG! I'm lucky it doesn't affect me (thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love G's teeshirt!

    ReplyDelete