Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A New Friend


This is Asha, my beautiful first born child. She recently turned nine years old. And on Sunday while our studio was being demolished (did I mention we were renovating?) she found some geckos in the roof. They are named Liz and Ed. A boy and a girl, she googled, nine year olds can do that, and she worked out their genders, and made them a home. It has rocks for sleeping under, sand for burrowing, water for drinking, and each night she and her brother and sister go outside and find bugs for them to eat. 

Last night Liz and Ed both lost their tails. I think the children need to be a little more gentle with them. They are soft friendly little creatures. I hope that my kids don't love them to death. 

1 comment:

  1. Eep!
    It makes me want to shout "Asha Beveridge get that thing off your face RIGHT NOW!!!"

    *shivers*

    ReplyDelete